Monday 28 March 2011

Folksy Seller Interview 'MrsJones'

This is the third installment in a New weekly Feature **Folksy Seller Interviews** Find out about your favourite folksy sellers and discover new favourites!



Name: Emma Jones

Folksy shop: mrsjoneshandmadejewellery

How long have you been on Folksy? About a month

Describe what you create: I created mainly beaded jewellery. Just can’t resist beads in all their shapes and sizes!

How did you get into your craft? I wanted to make jewellery that I couldn’t find in the shops, and after starting off making a few elastic bracelets the bug really hit me and the rest is history!

What inspires you? I get inspiration often from the beads themselves. When I buy the beads, I already have an idea in my head what the end result will be. I put the beads on a white tray and just add something or take something away until I am happy with it. I love the texture of things too, so that plays an important role.

Favourite item in your shop? Green shell heart bracelet – pretty, tactile and very wearable. Am actually contemplating making a duplicate for myself.




What makes you unique? Igive excellent customer service and am always happy to adjust something for a customer to suit, where possible. I also offer face to face customers a colour matching service and I was asked to make colour matched earrings for a bride who had a pretty but unusual dress!


What would you spend your millions on if you won the Lottery?
After giving a generous sum to each of my children’s schools, I would set myself up a workshop . My husband is always complaining about treading on small beads and bits of wire!

If you would like to see more of Emmas lovely creations visit her at http://folksy.com/shops/mrsjoneshandmadejewellery

No comments:

Post a Comment